Wednesday, October 28, 2009

What Happened



Last night our baby was born into heaven. On Tuesday at 12:55 am, Reagan Mae was born at 27 weeks and 1 day still. Here is her story. Over the weekend I had not felt much movement. At the time I was not worried because I was able to easily able to find her heartbeat with the Doppler. But, by Monday afternoon I was a little worried with the lack of movement. I called the Dr on my way home from work and they advised me to go to labor and delivery. I was a little surprised at this because I informed the nurse that I had found the HB the day before. I went home with my son to wait for Brian and checked the HB as soon as I got there. This time I could not find one. I quickly dropped my son off and my MIL’s and headed straight for the hospital. My husband met me there and we went to L & D. The nurses also could not find a HB so they put me on ultra sound machine. We learned at about 6:30 that Reagan had died. I was put in a delivery room until we decided how to deliver. Having a previous CS we were leaning toward another one. There were risks involved in both and the DR felt there was not a right or wrong way. Emotionally, we felt the CS would be a better choice. Reagan Mae was born at 1 lb 6 oz and was 11 inches long. She had strangled on the cord. It was wrapped around her several times and the DR told us that it was one of the tightest she had ever seen. After the delivery she was dressed in a beautiful dress from the hospital and had her pictures and foot prints done. The nurse brought Reagan to me a short time later and we were able to hold her for several hours. She is allowed to stay with us but emotionally it is very hard so before we fell asleep we gave her to the nurses to put in the room next to us. We are allowed to see her and visit with her as much as we want to until we leave the hospital and the funeral home will come and get her at that point. She will be cremated but we have not made any decisions about a memorial service yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment