Wednesday, October 28, 2009

The Next Day


Yesterday was a very emotional day for us. I think that we are still in shock and imagine that the emotional pain will get worse. It just does not seem real at this point. We got to see and hold Reagan several times yesterday and both her Nanny (Brian’s mom) and Grandma (my mom) got to hold her as well. We thought that the funeral home would have to come get her today but my nurse told me that she could stay with me until I leave. I will probably stay one more day due to the physical pain that I am still in. My Dr. told me that I could go home today but I just cannot imagine having to get out of the bed without the help of rails.
Reagan is such a beautiful baby. She was perfect. Ten little fingers and ten little toes. She looks just like her big brother Alec. It is amazing the resemblance. The hospital has been wonderful. When she was born they put her in a little dress and took all her pictures. There is a company that comes in and does it so we have not seen them yet. They will be wonderful to have because all I was able to get was a few using my phone. She also got a special little hand knitted hat and blanket donated to us.

1 comment:

  1. Kara, My heart is breaking for you and your family. I wish there were words of comfort to offer but I know nothing can ease that pain right now. I have read through your blog several times and can only cry...as a Mother, I can not fathom the loss of a child. Please know that I am praying for you, Brian and Alec and trusting Jesus to carry you all through this moment.
    Love, Susan Sims (St. John)

    ReplyDelete